Independent educational consultants (IECs) are professionals who assist families and their students with educational planning. IECs provide personalized service that meets the individual needs of the student. These professionals keep abreast of the latest changes in education, understand the admissions criteria of educational programs, foster relationships with admissions professionals and other key school or program
staff, and alleviate much of the stress families experience when trying to determine the best educational path for their student.
If you’re unable to answer “yes” to the following questions, then you could benefit from working with an IEC.
• Do you know what schools look for in prospective students?
• Do you understand which components of the application process are most important?
• Are you confident in your ability to brand your student in such a manner that admissions committees are guaranteed to read your child’s application when they are overwhelmed with applications from students who are just as accomplished as your child?
• Do you know what NOT to say in an interview in order to prevent severely hindering your child’s chances of gaining admission?
• Do you know what to do if your child is waitlisted at a top-choice school?
• Do you know in which classes and extracurriculars your student should participate to ensure their brightest future possible?
• Do you have a relationship with the schools and their admissions professionals, and thus are you able to obtain timely answers to your questions and receive personalized guidance regarding the admissions process?
The most beneficial reason for hiring an IEC is that he or she provides your family with the highest level of personalized service that a school counselor is not able to provide. A single school counselor can be burdened with 50, 100, and even more students. How can the counselor possibly deliver individualized guidance to each of these students? He or she isn’t able to do so. An IEC spends many hours developing a rapport with students and families to gain a deep understanding of the child’s strengths and vulnerabilities. This ensures that the IEC offers advice that is tailored to the unique needs of the student to ensure the brightest future possible for the pupil.
At Global Academic Consultants, we tour boarding schools, meet with admissions staff to understand the schools’ criteria for acceptance, and attend industry conferences to keep abreast of the latest changes in education. Unlike most of our competitors, we do not accept financial incentives from schools or programs. We are paid by our clients only, which allows us to remain objective when recommending specific schools and programs to our families.
Contact us today at +1-720-546-2314 or email@example.com for a complimentary consultation.